Bits and glitches: Rooms, exploration and command

So this week, I've built some new rooms and added codes for going about exploration and combat. After a bit of tinkering, I've got it nailed down to key words for certain actions. Example: Go north to go north.

Initially, it was flawed. I would look at the string as a whole, rather then looking for keywords

It looked something list this:
if stageAction == f"Go North":
        print("do action")


what it now looks like is something like this:

if f"go" in stageAction or f"Go" in stageAction:
       if "north in stageAction or f"North" in stageAction:
                 print("do action")


This allows me to make better actions for movement and combat. Combat is kind of in the game right now with an "Attack" action.

Next week, more rooms and I'll show a snippet of the game as it runs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been a while...

Motion Check: The intro

Puzzzling Motion - The next 1 month build intoduction